I got an ask about locking doors…
…but Tumblr did something really odd and deleted it somehow. Anyways, the question, from veiledhorizons, asked, if I remember correctly:
do you have trouble locking doors?
- I always get confused about which way to put the key in. (Does the ridged side go up or down?)
- Once I’ve figured that out, I have problems actually inserting the key into the lock.
- Once I get the key in, I struggle with the question of which way to turn the key to open the door. Also the physical act of turning the key is hard at times.
- I usually turn the key the wrong way several times.
- I then get confused about which way is the right way to turn it. (The lock is round! How am I supposed to know which way is left and which is right!?)
- I usually do a whole bunch of experimentation until I finally get the door open. (Although most of the time, I just can’t get the door open at all, and have to ask for help.)
And then then there’s the question of how to get the key out of the lock. That requires quite a bit of experimentation as well.
In other words, I have extreme trouble locking (and unlocking) doors.